One fee and the month is FREE! Starting February 1, visitors can pay one regular admission fee and return to the Zoo for FREE as often as they want during the month of February. We have also planned a variety of family-friendly event and activities for visitors to enjoy all month long!
Festival du Voyageur Day at the Zoo | Saturday February 4 | 10 am – 2 pm. All activities take place in the NEW Winter Adventureland outdoor play area.
• Bring your camera and pose for a photo with official Voyageurs and Leo, the Festival du Voyageur mascot (12 pm – 2 pm).
• Participate in Voyageur Games and enjoy a sweet Festival du Voyageur treat at the maple taffy station.
• Collect a coupon for 10% off regular priced admission to Festival du Voyageur.
Louis Riel Day at the Zoo | Monday, February 20. Meet players from the Manitoba Moose hockey team when they make a special appearance at the Zoo. Full details will be released closer to the date.
International Polar Bear Day Celebrations | Saturday, February 25 & Sunday, February 26:
• Breakfast with the Bears – enjoy breakfast at the Tundra Grill located overlooking the Zoo’s largest polar bear habitat (Saturday & Sunday at 10 am) $
• Conservation and Zoo Bear Trek – join one of our Educators as they share the stories about our bears as well as conservation strategies. These FREE 45 minute tours begin at the Gateway to the Arctic building and go through parts of Journey to Churchill. (Saturday & Sunday 11 am & 1 pm)
• Check out bio-fact tables and an interactive art installation by Kal Barteski at the Gateway to the Arctic building.
Feel free to head to any of Manitoba’s provincial parks anytime in February, the provincial government is offering free entry to parks for the entire month.
“Winter is a wondrous time to visit our provincial parks,” Sustainable Development Minister Cathy Cox said.
“Our parks offer countless opportunities to take part in winter activities or to simply enjoy the splendor of nature in a beautiful snowy setting. We encourage everyone to take a moment this winter to get outside and enjoy a walk in the park or blaze a trail with skis or snowshoes.”
Vehicle permits are not required in any provincial park, but SnoPasses are still required for snowmobiles using groomed trails in the parks
There are groomed trails in 12 provincial parks across the province for cross-country skiing, snowmobiling, snowshoeing and hiking. Spruce Woods and Turtle Mountain provincial parks also offer outdoor skating areas, hockey rinks and toboggan hills while fat biking is welcome at Birds Hill Provincial Park on the Oak Ridge Mountain Bike Trail.
At exactly 150 days until Canada’s 150th birthday, Tim Hortons, the country’s coffee giant officially brings back Canada’s favorite contest – RRRoll Up the Rim to Win.
In a press release, Sami Siddiqui, Tim Hortons Canada’s President announced that this year’s RRRoll Up the Rim to Win will be bigger than ever.
“The return of Canada’s favourite contest is our way of kicking off the celebration of Canada’s 150th birthday, and be sure to stay tuned, because it’s just the beginning.”
Those who purchase coffee or other hot beverages at participating locations will have the chance to win one of more than 49 million prizes. Prizes this year includes 40 grand prizes of the new 2017 Honda Civic Coupe EX-T, as well as 150 55″ LG 4K UHD Smart TVs, 100 $5,000 CIBC prepaid cards, 24,000 $100 TimCards and millions coffee and food prizes.
Guests can once again also win with RRRoll Up at Home. From February 1, 2017 to March 15, 2017, guests who purchase Tim Hortons at-home coffee products including single serve products, canisters and bags of coffee as well as the bottled Iced Capp®, can take a photo of their receipt, upload it to www.rollupathome.com, and register for a chance to win one of 10,000 prizes.
The contest will run for six weeks, starting February 1st until March 15th, or while cup supplies last. Prizes may be claimed until May 4, 2017.
The “Winning” RIM TABS for the Prizes will be distributed by Region, as set out below.
Contest rules, odds of winning and prizing information can be found at participating Tim Hortons Restaurants or at www.rolluptherimtowin.com